Denver Jumbo loan limits and down payment requirements are the topics up for discussion in today’s post. We will also discuss the important credit and loan qualifying requirements buyers will need to know.
*Homebuyers that have questions, or need assistance with a pre-approval can connect with us by calling the number above, or just fill out the Quick Call Form on this page – 7 days a week.
Denver County currently has conforming loan limit caps set at $684,250. Basically, any mortgage amount that exceeds this would be considered a “Jumbo” loan. Please see all the latest 2022 conforming loan limits here. In the past, conventional and FHA mortgages were the only loan types that required little down payments. However, jumbo down payment requirements have loosened somewhat over the last few years and approved buyers can now finance up to 95%
Denver Jumbo Loan Requirments:
- The most important thing to note is all the requirements listed pertain to strictly owner-occupied primary or second homes.
- Documentation is key: Buyers are required to document their income and saving assets for loan qualifying. Plan on previous two years on tax returns, and/or W2. Plus previous two months of saving accounts that are needed to qualify and show ample reserve requirements.
- Eligible property types include single-family homes, townhomes, condos.
- Uneligible property types include farms, acreage/land, construction on your own lot. Note: this does not include new construction homes that are being sold directly to you by a new home builder. Investment- rental homes are eligible but require a minimum of 20% down payment.
- In addition to purchase loans, regular refinance and cash out refinance jumbo programs are available. Learn more about Jumbo refinance options here.
Denver Jumbo Mortgage Benefits:
There are many benefits to the low down payment options we offer to Colorado home buyers:
- No mortgage insurance on all options starting at 5% down.
- All common fix rate and adjustable rate term options.
- 95% loan to value – $2.0mil loan cap, min 700 credit score.
- 90% loan to value – $3.0mil loan cap, min 720 credit score.
- 85%-80% loan to value – $3.5mil +
- Please read complete credit, down payment and loan limit requirements on the Jumbo purchase page.
- The reduced down options are great for professionals that have a stable income but lack the traditional 20 percent down payment required by many lenders and banks.
- Many borrowers just want to keep their savings invested in higher return investments.
- Many have their major equity tied up in a current home pending sale, or just want to wait and sell their existing home after the fact.
Need assistance? Please connect with us until 8 pm if you have any questions, or want to learn more.
Serving CO: Denver, Boulder, Centennial, Castle Rock, Littleton, Aurora, Brighton, Greenwood Village, Erie, Lone Tree, Arvada, Lakewood, Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Douglas, Jefferson, Larimer County